Gaming with Bacon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo 4 Now Out

+2
sugarbuzz82
SlamDance
6 posters

Go down

Halo 4 Now Out Empty Halo 4 Now Out

Post  SlamDance Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:23 am

... what, no one's mentioned it here yet?! Maybe because the forum won't let people post a topic length shorter than 10 characters...

So I've got it. Bought it Thursday night. I'm making my way slowly through the Campaign (up to Chapter 3) and am noodling my way through Spartan Ops and Multiplayer.

I like campaign. Prometheans are tricky.

Biggest smile on my face moment? "Departure," the first episode of Spartan Ops. Was a bit confused until I realised that it's set after the Campaign finishes. The character beats are cliche, but Fire Team Majestic are just fun to watch! The suit-up sequence is great; it's Halo meets Iron Man! And - holy crap, Infinity drops frigates like other ships drop ODST capsules! It's sugar-rush badass as opposed to the Master Chief's level-headed, get-the-job-done badass.

Play-wise, SOps is an interesting fusion of Firefight (which I think was still done best in ODST) and Invasion (one of the two cool things about Reach). Really needs to be done co-op, though; solo gets a little dull.

Multi? Wasn't sure about what looked like a COD-inspired take on Slayer but have warmed to it very quickly. Haven't played many other modes yet, but I think I'm sold on getting a new 12-month Gold code from ozgameshop.com once the 14-day trial runs out.

Wish there was still the option for Headhunter (the other of the two cool things about Reach) as a custom, though.

How are you finding it so far?
SlamDance
SlamDance
Thawed
Thawed

http://www.robf.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Halo 4 Now Out Empty Re: Halo 4 Now Out

Post  sugarbuzz82 Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:37 am

I beith waiting, im not a halo fan as most know, plus i have tooooooo many games going atm. AND HITMAN is out this month! Plus leading up to xmas, well im going to be that fucked after work, i be killing shit aka mango on RE6 or hitman.... so it and forza horizon will be new yrs purchases i think.
sugarbuzz82
sugarbuzz82
Crispy
Crispy

https://gamingwithbacon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pov Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:46 am

SlamDance wrote:... what, no one's mentioned it here yet?! Maybe because the forum won't let people post a topic length shorter than 10 characters...

Hi SlamDance,

Unfortunately cannot change that. Just how the forum was design.
Also, it's Halo... post should be deleted Razz
Pov
Pov
Crispy
Crispy

Back to top Go down

Post  mitsmirage Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:10 pm

Not a bad game so far, although have only played Matchmaking (also known as war games now) but it is growing on me and the more I play of it the more I am starting to like the game!

Probaly should finish the campaign in Halo Reach before attempting Halo 4's campaign!

mitsmirage
Thawed
Thawed

Back to top Go down

Post  Neo Kaiser Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Maybe the reason nobody is talking about it is because the campaign was underwhelming and the multiplayer doesn't have a local only search option.

Neo Kaiser
Thawed
Thawed

Back to top Go down

Post  OBLIVION Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:45 am

mitsmirage wrote:Not a bad game so far, although have only played Matchmaking (also known as war games now) but it is growing on me and the more I play of it the more I am starting to like the game!

Probaly should finish the campaign in Halo Reach before attempting Halo 4's campaign!

reach doesnt matter.

justy play the halo CE to halo 3. thats all you need.
OBLIVION
OBLIVION
Cooked
Cooked

Back to top Go down

Post  Neo Kaiser Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:08 pm

OBLIVION wrote:
mitsmirage wrote:Not a bad game so far, although have only played Matchmaking (also known as war games now) but it is growing on me and the more I play of it the more I am starting to like the game!

reach doesnt matter.

justy play the halo CE to halo 3. thats all you need.

I disagree. Playing Halo 4 made me really appreciate so much more from Reach that I took for granted or didn't notice.

Neo Kaiser
Thawed
Thawed

Back to top Go down

Post  OBLIVION Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:59 am

well i was more going along the lines it wasnt really about chief adventure.

all i got was about other spartens not chief
OBLIVION
OBLIVION
Cooked
Cooked

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down