Gaming with Bacon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was forced to rage quit Waypoint :D

4 posters

Go down

I was forced to rage quit Waypoint :D Empty I was forced to rage quit Waypoint :D

Post  Neo Kaiser Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:51 am

Well not rage quit, suspended for two days on the Halo Waypoint forums. Despite the fact that the admins keep a watchful eye on the posts, several people still work a way around it to insult you and not get banned. Several people labeling themselves "competitive" players regularly follow me into threads and reply negatively to me, usually ignoring or not understanding my post.

Usually I just ignore them, but last night someone really got to me. Mainly because he's one of the few "competitive" players I kinda respect, but recently he's been regularly replying to me in a condescending way. Resulting in me calling him an "ignorant stuckup" like all other "competitive" players. Resulting in a suspension.

*sigh* The Halo "community" has really gone to shit in recent years.

Neo Kaiser
Thawed
Thawed

Back to top Go down

I was forced to rage quit Waypoint :D Empty Re: I was forced to rage quit Waypoint :D

Post  scott2184 Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:27 am

It's because Bungie handed everything Halo over to 343i. It seems Halo went south when that happened. Still, I'm probably gonna buy Halo 4.
scott2184
scott2184
Crispy
Crispy

Back to top Go down

I was forced to rage quit Waypoint :D Empty Re: I was forced to rage quit Waypoint :D

Post  Neo Kaiser Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:39 am

scott2184 wrote:It's because Bungie handed everything Halo over to 343i. It seems Halo went south when that happened. Still, I'm probably gonna buy Halo 4.

I wouldn't say that it's been going south since it was handed over (although the TU update was handled poorly). I would say the community has been becoming worse, becoming more selfish an bigoted. Their reaction to Reach was beyond stupid and their arrogance in response to people whose opinion aren't 100% like their own are much worse.

Neo Kaiser
Thawed
Thawed

Back to top Go down

Post  sugarbuzz82 Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:35 am

Its the way most games like that go, same as BF3, ppl declare themselves competitive and its on.

I like Griffball, least i get to do some hitting Wink
sugarbuzz82
sugarbuzz82
Crispy
Crispy

https://gamingwithbacon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  scott2184 Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:47 am

Neo Kaiser wrote:...their arrogance in response to people whose opinion aren't 100% like their own are much worse.

It's called the hivemind. Reddit is notorious for it. You don't agree with them and it means Hell for you.
scott2184
scott2184
Crispy
Crispy

Back to top Go down

Post  Neo Kaiser Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:23 pm

scott2184 wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:...their arrogance in response to people whose opinion aren't 100% like their own are much worse.

It's called the hivemind. Reddit is notorious for it. You don't agree with them and it means Hell for you.

Yeah, the second someone insults you in a round-about-way they get thank bombed by all their friends, then their friends qoute and repeat what they say, then they get thank bombed. If you take up the challenge to raise counter arguments they just post facepalm images and imply you're a n00b. Normally I'm all for intelligent conversations, but many people feel threatened easily, especially if you dare suggest to them to change up their game.

Neo Kaiser
Thawed
Thawed

Back to top Go down

Post  sugarbuzz82 Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:05 am

Thats how i saw ESGN going.... specially with BF3
sugarbuzz82
sugarbuzz82
Crispy
Crispy

Back to top Go down

Post  Neo Kaiser Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:31 am

lol suspended again! Very Happy

Apparently, "teabagging" is ok, but making fun of American stereotypes is not.

Neo Kaiser
Thawed
Thawed

Back to top Go down

Post  sugarbuzz82 Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:32 am

HAHA nice job lol
sugarbuzz82
sugarbuzz82
Crispy
Crispy

Back to top Go down

Post  Womble Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:38 am

You have a way with forums to get banned... twice!!... The easiest thing to do is just don't post in them if its gunna cause trouble.
Womble
Womble
Thawed
Thawed

Back to top Go down

Post  scott2184 Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:40 am

Do we need to ban you from here Neo, just to show you how much we love you?

Razz
scott2184
scott2184
Crispy
Crispy

Back to top Go down

Post  Neo Kaiser Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:34 pm

I don't believe this! I was suspended AGAIN! This time until Monday.

Kinda hard to know which comment it was for at the moment, but my guess it was in a thread about ranking 1-50 in Halo and someone asking why it shouldn't belong or why is it bad. I said,

"To show off?
They think that being the best is the only proof of your worth as a human being?
To sell their accounts to justify their unemployment to their parents?
They think that a high rank is an excuse for free "wins" in arguments?
To justify their bullying over Xbox LIVE?

...oh! and um, for the "incentive" to keep playing the game. "

Nevermind the fact that dozens of people have been saying all this for months!

Neo Kaiser
Thawed
Thawed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum