Gaming with Bacon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabletop Games

4 posters

Go down

Tabletop Games Empty Tabletop Games

Post  SlamDance Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:21 am

Yes, a table top is a platform. It's broad. It's flat. you put things on it.

While I'm tempted to include the venerable roleplaying game here, I think it's at heard a different enough best to warrant its own thread or folder.

So who here digs cracking out the odd board or card game every now and again? Anything from Monopoly to The Settlers of Catan, from poker to Magic: The Gathering.

I, for example, like to pull out Chez Geek whenever I can. It's silly enough that anyone can play it and have a good time.

I'm also keen on picking up Android: Netrunner when it comes out in a few weeks. I was mad-keen into the original Netrunner back in the day; it was the only CCG I actually entered a tournament for. Won it, too! I have to find what happened to the Full Body Conversion card signed by Richard Garfield that I have around here somewhere...

On top of those, I'm discovering that there's a latent scene of Munchkin players around Cairns. The opening of a new comic books and collectables store in town is drawing them out of the woodwork!
SlamDance
SlamDance
Thawed
Thawed

http://www.robf.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Tabletop Games Empty Re: Tabletop Games

Post  Rexler Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:37 am

Sounds like you and I would get along well. I really need to find some local TTG's (Table Top Gamers) and have regular nights of fun and laughter. Apples to Apples is a regular at my house, great fun for all. Me and my housemate often spend the evening playing Carcasonne or Ricochet Robots.

I also have Chez Geek that really needs to be dusted off and played again.
Rexler
Rexler
Cooked
Cooked

Back to top Go down

Post  Neo Kaiser Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:43 pm

I've been getting into Warmachine as of late.

Neo Kaiser
Thawed
Thawed

Back to top Go down

Post  Pov Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:41 am

Rex, you'll have to get Chez Geek out....

Haven't had a * No-Tech Night* in ages
Pov
Pov
Crispy
Crispy

Back to top Go down

Post  SlamDance Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Rexler wrote:Sounds like you and I would get along well. I really need to find some local TTG's (Table Top Gamers) and have regular nights of fun and laughter. Apples to Apples is a regular at my house, great fun for all. Me and my housemate often spend the evening playing Carcasonne or Ricochet Robots.

I also have Chez Geek that really needs to be dusted off and played again.

That's a bugger, Rexler! Glad to hear you're getting games in with local mates, though!
SlamDance
SlamDance
Thawed
Thawed

http://www.robf.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down