Gaming with Bacon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foxtel on xbox

4 posters

Go down

Foxtel on xbox Empty Foxtel on xbox

Post  sugarbuzz82 Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:28 am

Anyone have this? Whats the best option pay per view or pay per month?
sugarbuzz82
sugarbuzz82
Crispy
Crispy

https://gamingwithbacon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Foxtel on xbox Empty Re: Foxtel on xbox

Post  Womble Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:11 pm

I fork out enough on other stuff to be bothered getting Foxtel.

IF..!!!.. I was to get foxtel I would expect NO ads!!!.. For shits sake, thats why you pay isnt it?? to avoid ads.

I got rid of pay tv for that reason, the cost was going up and the ads just seemed to be getting longer, Full of repeat shit on most channels, and there's only 24 hrs in a day!!!
Womble
Womble
Thawed
Thawed

Back to top Go down

Post  scott2184 Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:56 pm

This is exactly the reason we got rid of our Austar (Foxtel). I remember back when my parents first got pay TV, back before there was ads. It was awesome. Then they started putting ads in and it was just like watching FTA TV.

We had Austar for a while, mainly for the kids so they could watch their favourite shows, but in the end we got rid of it once ABC brought out their ABC4Kids channel.

Plus both myself and my wife work full time and the kids are at school and day care, so we are very rarely home for long enough to watch much TV.

So to sum it all up, pay TV is a waste of money. Don't bother with it, Jen.
scott2184
scott2184
Crispy
Crispy

Back to top Go down

Post  sugarbuzz82 Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:14 pm

wouldnt mind the pay per what u watch but..... or the olympics.....
sugarbuzz82
sugarbuzz82
Crispy
Crispy

https://gamingwithbacon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Womble Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:56 am

If you aint got one (there must be something wrong with you Wink ) get yourseft a PVR (set top box with hard drive) record stuff you want to watch, and then watch it when you want to and be able to skip past the ads.

We have two set up atm, to be able to record a total of 4 different things at the same time!!, and with all the extra channels on FTA there is no way I'd go back to paying for ads and repeats.

The Beyonwiz is very easy to operate, has a 500 gig HDD, can record 2 programs at the same time, and you can be watching something off the HDD.

As for the pay per view shows, I still don't think its worth the monthly cost unless there is constantly worthwhile programs to watch.
Womble
Womble
Thawed
Thawed

Back to top Go down

Post  Brutal Maverick Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:46 pm

We have austar... Well it's foxtel now and the only reason it's still on is for the sport.

We get all the channels, but we don't pay for them because I rang up and told them I was gonna cancel it because it was a waste of money so they gave them to me for the standard basic, Plus they gave me mystar for nothing as well. If you get someone good enough on the phone it can be a lot cheaper for you.

If FTA sport was any good I would be cutting it off straight away, but I don't see that happening.
Brutal Maverick
Brutal Maverick
Thawed
Thawed

Back to top Go down

Post  scott2184 Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Yeah, when I told them I was going to cancel, they soon told me they could give me the extra packages for nothing for three months. Like it's doing them out of money, pffft.
scott2184
scott2184
Crispy
Crispy

Back to top Go down

Post  Brutal Maverick Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Yeah I told them it was still going to be too expensive after three months and they just said I could have it at that price as long as I stayed on contract. I told him I don't want a contract and he said no worries and that was over 14 months ago. Lol
Brutal Maverick
Brutal Maverick
Thawed
Thawed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down