Gaming with Bacon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello.......

5 posters

Go down

Hello....... Empty Hello.......

Post  Lemon Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:29 pm

Good evening ladies and gentleman. as it is clearly shown I am an actual lemon so a little bit on my background history:

The origin of the lemon is quite a mystery, though it is thought that lemons first grew in Southern India, northern Burma, and China. A study of the genetic origin of the lemon reported that it is a hybrid between sour orange and citron.
Lemons entered Europe near southern Italy no later than the 1st century AD, during the time of Ancient Rome. However, they were not widely cultivated. They were later introduced to Persia and then to Iraq and Egypt around 700 AD. The lemon was first recorded in literature in a 10th century Arabic treatise on farming, and was also used as an ornamental plant in early Islamic gardens. It was distributed widely throughout the Arab world and the Mediterranean region between 1000 and 1150.
The first substantial cultivation of lemons in Europe began in Genoa in the middle of the 15th century. The lemon was later introduced to the Americas in 1493 when Christopher Columbus brought lemon seeds to Hispaniola on his voyages. Spanish conquest throughout the New World helped spread lemon seeds. It was mainly used as an ornamental plant and for medicine. In the 18th and 19th centuries, lemons were increasingly planted in Florida and California.
In 1747, James Lind's experiments on seamen suffering from scurvy involved adding vitamin C to their diets with lemon juice.
The origin of the word lemon may be Middle Eastern. One of the earliest occurrences of "lemon" appears in a Middle English customs document of 1420–1421, which draws from the Old French limon, thence the Italian limone, from the Arabic laymūn or līmūn, and from the Persian līmūn, a generic term for the fruit of this kind, which is non-native with Sanskrit (nimbū, “lime”).

So now we come to the modern age where the lemon is used in all sorts of cooking methods and comes in many different varieties. but I am an actual lemon and couldn't care less about my family ties and such and I don't think many other people care where the lemon originates from but I thought you might all enjoy this brief history lesson so in conclusion I leave you all with this;
yes I am an actual lemon. waddup?

Lemon
Lemon
Frozen
Frozen

Back to top Go down

Hello....... Empty Re: Hello.......

Post  Rexler Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:38 am

Welcome Lemon (aka Albatross), just one question for you, how does lemon go with bacon?! Cool
Rexler
Rexler
Cooked
Cooked

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemon Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:06 am

Who changed my name -.-
Lemon
Lemon
Frozen
Frozen

Back to top Go down

Post  Pov Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:23 am

ITzTheAlbaTroSs wrote:Who changed my name -.-
That would have been Myself & Scott Smile
Pov
Pov
Crispy
Crispy

Back to top Go down

Post  scott2184 Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:43 am

We don't care for citrus fruit around here...
scott2184
scott2184
Crispy
Crispy

Back to top Go down

Post  mango Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:09 pm

scott2184 wrote:We don't care for citrus fruit around here...

pheeeeew !

mango
Sizzling
Sizzling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum